16.9.11

London on foot

Other than three years at University, I've always lived in London. Lived, but not loved. For some reason, me and my home city just don't get on well. The people, the traffic, the smells... it all gets on my nerves, and in return for my dissatisfaction, the city continues to show me the finger. If it's not a double decker nearly running me over, it's a kid on a scooter ramming straight into me, a woman with a pram telling me to "F*** OFF!" or a pigeon's swoop making me hit the pavement. London and I? Not the best of friends.

But in an attempt to make peace, my Nikon and I decided to spend the day exploring on foot. The route: Holborn, Covent Garden, Leicester Sq, Picadilly Circus, Regent Street, The Mall, St James' Park, Westminster, Westminster Bridge, Southbank, St Paul's Cathedral, Fleet Street, Covent Garden, Holborn. With a pause for lunch and many a photo pit stop along the way, I walked around for eight hours. And even though my journey didn't end with me falling in love with my home town, I came to accept it a little bit more.



















These are just a taster of the photos I took. To see more, go to my Flikr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/memories_smile/


1 comment: